Award winners for the CSIRO Medal for Health, Safety and Environment Achievement since 2014. Prior to 2014, this category was awarded through the Medal for Health and Safety Achievement and the Medal for Environmental Achievement.
- Awarded to HSE-Me Day for changing the way that we think about health, safety and wellbeing in CSIRO. In a radical approach, we suspended normal activities across all sites for the day and asked our staff to join the conversation on what our safety culture should look like in the future.
- The Herbarium Curators – Spirit Collection for improving health and safety by eliminating formaldehyde from collection of the Australian National Herbarium and Australian Tropical Herbarium.
- Awarded to Marine National Facility Ships Management Team for the development of a unique mental health and wellbeing at sea strategy, designed to support participants and their next of kin on CSIRO research vessel Investigator voyages. Team members: Ron Plaschke, Dr Chris Cvitanovic, Max McGuire, Don McKenzie, Linda Gaskell, Sarah Schofield, Jill Cooper, Kaylene Pickering and Barbara Vaschina.
- IM&T Find-Me-Print Project Team for implementing Find-Me-Print, an internal initiative within our organisation, which has led to significant savings, a notable reduction in print consumables and a change of print behaviour patterns across our organisation. Team members: Daniel Miller, Clint Duncan, Yung Tzen Leong, Susan Martin, Bart Reardon, Daniel Robertson, Adam Baumeister, Troy McPherson, Adam Smith-Platts, Richard Von Mallesch and Nick Gahan.
- Rapid Automated Materials and Processing Centre for the design and establishment of the Rapid Automated Materials and Processing Centre using HSE best practices, and implementing engineering and procedural controls which minimise staff and visiting scientists’ exposure to hazardous chemicals and robotics. Team members: Dr Ben Muir, Shaun Howard, Dr Danielle Kennedy, Charles Ronosulistyo, Dr Christian Doblin, Richard Harris, Simone Wilson, Renata Lippi, Dr Nhiem Tran, Dr Maggie Zhai, Xavier Mulet, Dr Paul White, Timothy Harvey, Dr Anthony Hughes, Asoka Weerawardena, Chris Flynn.